Wednesday 2 July 2014

Current Favourite Podcast - "A History of Philosophy without any Gaps"

Brandon Watson over at Siris has been writing a series of posts on the Platonic dialogues and this has prompted me to write about my current favourite podcast, Peter Adamson's "A History of Philosophy without any Gaps". I came late to this series but it has been a real joy to slowly meander through classical philosophy starting at Thales. So far, I am up to Plotinus but, as the holiday season approaches, I am confident of reaching the latest episodes which are just about to launch into the medieval Christian philosophers.

Adamson himself is a very disarming presenter and I like his style of narration, especially the illustrative stories about Buster Keaton and Hiawatha the Giraffe.

No comments:

Post a Comment