Friday 31 May 2013

Sometimes it just gets too weird


Cheese-maker warned against supplying Gloucester cheese-rolling

Apparently it went off okay though.

Kenny Rackers, 27, travelled more than 4,000 miles from Colorado Springs to a steep hill in Gloucestershire to take part in the world-famous event. 

"I came over specially for this and I did what I had to do to win," he said afterwards.
"It feels great, I trained a long time for this and got hurt on the hill practising. I came three days early and I took a bad spill, but I came to win and that's what I did.
"I came 3,000 or 4,000 miles just for this race. I put it on my bucket list and today it was to win and that's what I did."

The fourth men's race was won by Tomoaki Tanaka, 39, from Japan, who dressed as a ninja to race down the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment